Saturday, May 24, 2008

Weekend Humor-The Million Dollar Man

Last year, I told you about how I had started to look through my old VHS tapes and look through its contents. As I've been distracted by other things, this process have't progressed as fast as it should have been, and I'm still not done. However, recently, I found something really amusing: old "pro-wrestling" clips all the way back from 1990-91. American "pro-wrestling"
is a lot more show business than real athletic performance, but I actually like that. Real serious wrestling is quite boring and that is why it is a lot less popular.

In American "pro-wrestling", which at the time was mainly organized by the World Wrestling Federation (WWF)-now called WWE because the environmentalists in the World Wildlife Fund sued them-, wrestlers all adopt colorful characters, which are either "bad guys" or good guys". The matches almost always feature one "good guy" versus one "bad guy", although occassionally there can be duels between different "good guys" and different "bad guys". One such duel was the match between Hulk Hogan and Ultimate Warrior, which ended in Warrior winning the title from Hogan.

One of my favorite villains was the Million dollar man Ted Dibiase. These days, because of the inflation unleashed by Greenspan and Bernanke, the title million dollar man isn't worth as much as it used to be. But at any rate, it is a quite funny character. Here is his entry video

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home