Monday, June 23, 2008

The Speculator As Oil Price Scapegoat

I'll return soon for a more in-depth analysis of the scapegoating of speculators as responsible for high oil prices by statist politicians like Joe Lieberman, Barack Obama and Nicholas Sarkozy, but for now I recommend you to read this article in The Australian (Thanks Chris for the link)about why central banks rather than speculators should be blamed.

UPDATE: Like I said, I'll very soon, probably by tomorrow, write my own analysis on the subject. But in the meantime, I've found two other good writings on the subject, one by Paul Krugman and one by Robert Murphy.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also the parlamentarian and economic professor Antonio Martino had spoken against the scapegoat of oil speculation. You can read his article here:
http://www.openpolis.it/dichiarazione/357186

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home